powered help
header-left header-center header-right
Meeting Name: MILWAUKEE ARTS BOARD Agenda status: Final
Meeting date/time: 9/12/2023 4:00 PM Minutes status: Final  
Meeting location: Virtual
Published agenda: Agenda Agenda Published minutes: Minutes Minutes  
Meeting video: eComment: Not available  
File #Ver.Agenda #TypeTitleActionResultTallyAction DetailsVideo
   1. Roll call

Minutes note: The meeting was called to order at 4:14 pm Members Present: Morris, Flores, Klose, McSweeney, Fraker, Tovar, Murphy, Souffrant and Ald. Coggs. Members Excused: Layden, Heading, Phillips and Garcia. Ms. Svetic, Mr. Olson, Ms. Davitt and Ms. Livermore were present as well. Ms. Svetic introduced Mr. Olson to the members.
    Not available
   2. Review and Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes

Minutes note: Mr. Flores moved approval of the meeting minutes of May 9, 2023 with two clerical corrections. Ms. Klose seconded the motion. There were no objections.
    Not available
   3. Public Art Subcommittee Report

Minutes note: Ms. Davitt presented an update of what is going on with the Milwaukee.gov/PAIR program. She added that the vehicle was donated by the Department of Public Works Tow Lot and that the street cones were donated by Lakeside Plastics. She also said that they have been working on the eyes project. Ms. Svetic said that there is a vitrine at the City Hall rotunda featuring both projects and that Ms. Davitt is accepting selfies to participate and telling more. Ms. Davitt said that there will be a naming contest and a soundtrack (based on the safety dance song). She also mentioned that she has been talking with people about the systemic challenges that the data shows and the mental health connection to the reckless driving. She also said that TMJ4 has approached her to find out more about the program and that she will push out some information in the coming weeks.
    Not available
   4. Sustaining Grant Update

Minutes note: Ald. Coggs took over the meeting at 4:33 pm Ms. Svetic said that she has been working with Mr. Olson around this item, that the final reports were due on June 30, that payments were made at 75% level and that the remaining 25% will be done next year when the final report is submitted. Ms. Svetic asked if anyone is interested in reconvene into the small committee for December/January. Ms. Flores said that it is his opinion to go all the way around instead of doing small committee. The members agreed.
    Not available
   5. New Business

Minutes note: No new business was discussed.
    Not available
   6. Old Business

Minutes note: No old business was discussed.
    Not available
   7. Announcements

Minutes note: Ms. Morris said that the Nohl Fellowship application (for visual artists) is now open, with applications due on October 4th.
    Not available