PURPOSE: For the purposes of developing and recommending meaningful evidence-based solutions to the growing problem of heroin, opioid, and cocaine misuse, addiction, and overdose.
COMPOSITION: Eleven members consisting of:
1. Two Common Council members appointed by the Common Council President.
2. The Commissioner of Health or the Commissioner’s designee.
3. The Milwaukee County District Attorney or the District Attorney’s designee.
4. One representative selected by the Milwaukee County Intergovernmental Cooperation Council.
5. One representative of the community appointed by the Mayor.
6. One representative of the medical profession appointed by the Mayor.
7. Four members to be appointed by the County Executive.
CREATING AUTHORITY: Common Council File Number 161061
STAFFING: Staff Assistant, Chris Lee, 286-2232, Fax: 286-3456, firstname.lastname@example.org